Friday, August 14, 2015
Randy Speeg

Freaky Find Friday: Haunted Puppet

A creepy puppet said to have choked its former owner has been filmed moving inside a sealed glass container in the dead of night.

Paranormal Investigator Jayne Harris, 32, from Stourbridge, West Midlands, recorded the puppet every night for three months – after its previous owner claimed it tried to choke him to death.
And last month she was left dumbfounded, when her cameras caught the chilling moment the wooden doll appears to come to life.

Night-vision footage shows the puppet’s operating cross slowly moving upright before crashing into one of the sealed box’s glass panes.

Jayne, who investigates haunted dolls, said: “I’ve never had anything as exciting as this. I’ve caught pictures of mists, orbs and shadows but nothing as physical as this video evidence.
Normally you expect to see an orb or a shadow, but as soon as I saw a bit of movement and a glint from the metal hooks it made me jump and I knew we’d recorded something important. We’ve always kept the puppet in a sealed blessed cabinet as it’s a safe zone. It also means we can keep our experiments as controlled as possible. The cabinet has no doors, so you would have to physically lift all four sides and the base off to move it, there are not any holes or space for anything to sneak in there either.”

After rising slowly, it stops at a 90 degree angle to the bottom of the sealed glass case, before falling over.

“For us there is no point in faking your own evidence as it’s only tricking yourself – this footage is real. Now we’re going to keep filming with motion sensors as this is just one video and we want to build a bigger picture. Currently we don’t know the name or anything else about the spirit. Our ultimate goal is to find out as much as we can about the spirit and then try to understand why he is still here.”

Trained psychologist Jayne – who has been investigating spiritual attachment to haunted puppets for 17-years – took the old man puppet in November last year after its former owner claimed to have been choked by a spirit connected to the puppet and also experiencing haunting nightmares.